Syllabus for Beginning Courses
Individual classroom procedures may vary according to teacher/subject
Expected Conduct and Responsibilities
Code of Honor
- Mutual respect for each student-artist, as well as materials in the classroom.
- Be courteous and well mannered. No profanity.
- Be on time, be seated; have materials out and be ready to work mentally and physically when the bell rings.
- Be safe and responsible with supplies. No wasting.
- Use class time wisely. Work, work, work!
- Follow directions and complete all work on time.
- Clean up work area, classroom areas assigned, and properly store work. Clean up as a team.
- No plagiarism on written work.
- No food or drinks.
- No electronics.
- No horse-playing or other immature/dangerous behavior.
- Attendance critical. Obtain readmit to make up missed work.
- Obtain missing information from classmates/teacher when returning from absence.
- Keep track of grade on Schoolloop
- Keep written work and handouts in a notebook folder and all art work in a portfolio.
Consequences for lack of responsibility
Students exhibiting less than responsible behavior:
- Will be given a verbal warning and/or conference with the teacher. No warning for severe violations.
- Will be given detention.
- Will be suspended to A.C.E. Parent will be notified.
- Will be referred to the grade level administrator.
- May have points deducted.
- Stealing other student’s work could result in suspension and/or removal from program.
Click on "Grading Rubric" in Locker (to the right) for breakdown of grades.
Student grade will be determined by points. Assignments requiring more time will be given more points. Skills alone will not determine grade. Effort, risk-taking, creative thinking, meeting deadline, attention to detail and meeting the criteria for each project will all be considered when determining grades. Poor attendance, tardiness, and poor use of class time will result in lower participation points and lower grade on projects.
- Letter grades will reflect the following percentages:
59% and below=F
- Completed work must have full name and block number.
- Late work will be accepted only within allotted time determined by subject area/teacher
- There is no penalty only if there is an extended, excused absence or student has pre-arranged extension.
- Make-up work and teacher’s assistance are available before and after school depending on teacher obligations.
Students who are having difficulties with the class work need to take advantage of classroom availability and teacher assistance before, during, and after school. Students are expected to keep track of their grades on Schoolloop. When student’s grade falls below a ‘C’ and/or is receiving “unsatisfactory” conduct grade in class, he/she will be subject to the following intervention:
- parent contact
Parents are encouraged to call if they have any concerns or questions regarding their student and the class. All teachers can be reached at 562-433-0481 or at Wilson Home Page at http://lbwilson.schoolloop.com/
Homework may include completing class projects, research, written work, and occasional practice exercises.
Extra credit varies according to individual teachers but may involve museum visits, extra projects, etc.